Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The snow is coming...

The kids will get their first taste of a Southern Indiana snowfall. It is suppose to snow 3-5" tonight. We are soooo excited! The bad part is that Dan cannot lift over 5 pounds for another 2 weeks. That leaves momma and the boys to do the shoveling..... and there is a lot of it. Oh, well! I need the exercise.

Mari'An and Luke are today's topic of discussion. On Monday, a friend came over to watch the kids so Dan and I could go out. I said to her that Luke will not be any problem and she probably will not even know he is here. Before I left, Mari'An had an issue with Amelia. Mari'An had given her top bunk bed to Amelia about 1 month ago. At that time, I asked M if she was sure that she wanted to give her bed up. She said yes and that she no longer liked to sleep on the top. Well, Monday was another story. She wanted it back and wanted it back NOW. I left telling her that she was not allowed to have it. This made her REALLY mad. Anyway, while we were gone she decided she was not going to listen to the babysitter. She would not take her costume off before she ate lunch, so she did not eat. She was a bit of a stinker. WHen I got home she said she did not cry while I was gone and did not miss me. Well, she gave me a letter that evening that showed a mommy and daddy leaving her at home. I think she was mad at us for leaving. No excuse for bad behavior but I think I understand the reason.
No to Luke. Luke was not the luke we know. He decided to act up like never before. I think he and Mari'An made a pact to be bad. Maybe they think we will not leave again or something. NOT! Luke ended up throwing his toys, breaking stuff, running into J'Dyn's legos...... Just naughty.
We ended up having a long talk with them and they both went to bed. They have been SOOO good I just laugh at this.

We just found out that a family in Louisville just came home with their 4 children from Ethiopia too. Crazy in love with adoption... Hope to track her down to chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Bible Verse

  • Eph 1:5 " ..He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."
  • Isiah 41:10- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you with my righteous right hand. "
  • James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself polluted by the world."
  • Jn 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
  • John 3:16 "God so loved the world that he gave...
  • Prov 3:5-6 " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight."
  • Rom 9:4 "...Theirs is the adoption as sons..."