Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Too long since the last post

My goal was to keep posting at least weekly for at least 6 months. Well, that did not happen. Momma got the flu, ringworm, Dan went out of town, a cold, and then shingles. Life has been crazy and this site was not priority. AHH!! I am going to regret that one of these days.

The kids continue to do very well. Things have changed a bit in the house and they just go in stride. We decided to put J'Dyn, Mari"an and Luke in school - the "real" kind. Due to all my "stress induced" sicknesses, we prayed and decided to lighten the load. J is in 2nd and is doing great. L and M are in kinder and doing fine at playing. :) Iam still homeschooling Jo and Ka. They are absolute treasures from the Lord! Am and Nad are the main attraction now and are just as cute as can be. They are so amused at the littlest things.

Dan is doing better and better every day. He has some final checkups the beginning of March. We are so thankful to the Lord for catching the cancer early and answering our prayers of complete removal. YEH! He ran 5 miles this morning so I guess I could say he is back to normal or just crazy.

Mari'An is a huge help in the kitchen. She tell sme that in Sheshemene the girls do the cooking and from the sounds of it, she did her fair share of it already. She loves to cut veggies and wants to start the fire so I can cook on it. Well, I am so thankful the stove has replaced the fires. She shows me the "wounds" she recvd from all the accidents she had. Poor baby. She wants to do SO much but I have to hold her back a bit. Mommy is a bit nervous!

Luke continues to amaze us with his ability to build things. He makes contraptions that do all sorts of fun things. This his calling for sure! I need to be able to hone in on how to help him grow here. He is still pretty shy but is opening up to Dan and I VERY well. He always has to have his hug and kiss before bed. Tooo sweet.

Amelia is at a stage that she constantly wants us to recognize EVERYTHING she does. If I tell Nadia that her head needs to be over her plate when eating, Amelia makes sure I see her doing the same without being told. TOO funny. Her love language is encouraging words for sure. She still likes to take things away from others but is getting better about it. She does not scream anymore when I ask her to return it. YEH!

Nadia- She is just precious to say the least. Her speech is not that great but she tries SO hard. She is very smart and so very lovable. She is starting to bring on the drama. OH MY- how to handle 4 drama queens. What is a mom to do?

All the girls got their ears pierced. They were awesome! They wanted to be "Fu-ful" as Nadia would say beautiful. And , it worked. They are beautiful!

Jo, Ka, and Jd are doing great. Still want more kids but we are seeking the Lord on that one. OH MY! Not right now. That is all for tonight. It is a snowy - 6 inches- day for us. The kids loved to play in all that white stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about all your treasures! I love reading all the updates and it helps me know what to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when I clicked over here this morning and saw an update! Glad all the kiddos are doing well and hope that you and Dan are back to feeling great soon! Jenn P.

    ReplyDelete

Favorite Bible Verse

  • Eph 1:5 " ..He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."
  • Isiah 41:10- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you with my righteous right hand. "
  • James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself polluted by the world."
  • Jn 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
  • John 3:16 "God so loved the world that he gave...
  • Prov 3:5-6 " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight."
  • Rom 9:4 "...Theirs is the adoption as sons..."